Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.
~Helen Hayes

Oh yes, hope you see and feel earth's energy today. Our weather forecast is for above normal temperatures with a chance of rain showers each day. Weather more like June than March. See what is happening here at Oakville Farm at OFW

In an earlier blog, was talking about cleaning up around daylilies vs leaving decaying leaves as mulch. Took two photos, maybe that will help you decide what to do.



BEFORE.....




AFTER.....









It truly is personal preference, which works best for your daylilies and you. My sister has a red mulch around her daylilies, so she wants them groomed, where a friend has hers in amongst many many plants and trees and chooses not to "demulch".

Well, hope you have a good day and until next time, Happy Gardening.

No comments: