Sunday, July 29, 2012

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life.  ~John Burroughs

While sharing a bountiful pear harvest from the orchard yesterday, noticed a bird nest, just above my reach.  I wondered what type of bird had built the nest, when eggs had hatched, where all were now ... and guess what?  Bird was sitting in the nest.  Much to my surprise, she was not frightened by my presence.  I backed away, not to disturb.  Hope she will continue her life there .... she can have all the space that she needs.  A moment of Mother Nature at her finest.

Three quarters of an inch of rain last night.  And the "Light Show", oh my!!!!!!  

Hope everyone has a good day.  

No comments: