Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello

Good Morning,

Hope everyone has been well since our last daylily blog from Oakville Farm. Again, days have passed by so quickly.

Our daylilies, the rebloomer cultivars, are showing new growth. Happy Returns and Sebastian, two rebloomers, are really pretty. We had a good rain last week and that has promoted the new growth activity. And although it is supposed to get very hot this week, 95 degrees and higher, "their moist feet" should keep them blooming more.

We picked blueberries last night. And yes, my teeth were stained blue when I got home. Sherman did not have to ask where I had been! Went to a different patch last night and the blueberries were just as sweet as one's picked last week. Will freeze the majority of them, and will also make blueberry muffins. I bake them in the small muffin tins. Although they tend to stick to the tins, I like the smaller size so I can just pop them in my mouth!!

Skies are overcast this morning, but still a warm temperature, 75 degrees. So better get out to to the garden and pick Okra and peas, before the brutal sun bears down. Have a great day and until next time, Happy Gardening.

No comments: