Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sing A Song ...

My garden is my favorite teacher. ~Betsy Cañas Garmon,


I was at VES today and heard a class of kindergarten children singing, "Old MacDonald Had A Farm..." And oh yes, don't we love a farm? A farm full of animals, full of fruits/vegetables, full of flowers .... oh my

It is drizzling here at Oakville Farm. Enough for the goats to get under shelter, dogs to get on the porch and me to sit inside drinking a glass of cold milk.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Was out early this morning digging up a few weeds (couldn't be pulled up, weeds had gotten waaaay too big!). I have the glyphso ready for use, but not when rain is forecast. It is looking like tomorrow will be a better day for spraying. Look out WEEDS!

Today we would like to showcase the daylily, Charles Johnston. A daylily which I noted yesterday as being a rebloomer. It presents cherry red self with green throat. It blooms early mid season and is semi-evergreen. It was hybrized in 1981 and has been a very popular seller for 30 years. It sells here at Oakville Farm for $8.00 It grows to about 2 1/2' and the bloom size is about 6".

All for now. Until next time, Happy Gardening.

No comments: