Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gardening ...

Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there. Gnomologia, 1732

Yes, my goodness it is Thursday already, the garden is growing and growing and growing! As I look out the window, I see a bright sun in the eastern sky, no wind ... seems like a good time to use the glyphso. So until later .....

I'm back! The time slipped away from me, no glyphso spraying today. And it was calm all day. Hope you were able to complete what was on your "To Do List"! I so deviated from my list. And that was OK. :)

Want to showcase the daylily Martha Fawcett. It is midseason blooming daylily here at Oakville Farm, usually blooming the third week in June. Martha Fawcett is a rebloomer. It is light pink with a rose pink eyezone and yellow green throat. Grows about two feet tall. The petals have ruffled edges. Martha Fawcett daylily is a tetraploid. Tetraploid refers to it having four sets of chromosomes in each cell of the plant. Some say that a tretraploid has a stronger scape (stem) and thicker sepals and petals. It has been reduced from $9.00 for a double fan to $5.00 for a double fan. Check out our website: www.oakvillefarm.com for this and other great daylilies.

So until next time, Happy Gardening.

No comments: